Thursday, May 22, 2008

Looking for a Cheap Cell Phone? Try Amazon

I'm currently in the market for a new cell phone and I've stumbles across the cell phone store at Amazon.com. Amazon offers a lot of great rebates on phones that are purchased with a service plan. My service plan with T-Mobile has recently expired so I am able to shop around with other carriers.

Looking for a Blackberry Pearl? Virtually every pearl is either free or comes with a $50 cash rebate upon activation. Pretty good deal right.

The only caveat is that you must sign up for a 2-year contract and if you cancel or don't pay on time you have to repay $250. You also must choose a carrier that you do not already have an account with.

Now, I'm no fan of contracts. But with certain services I don't mind signing them in order to save money. The reason is, I see virtually no reason why I would need to cancel my cell phone over the next 2 years. But you have to make your own decision on whether or not the contract is worth the savings. I've signed multiple cell phone contracts and its never been an issue thus far.

Unless you plan on moving to Indonesia in a year and you're concerned about cell phone service in Indonesia, you might want to consider Amazon.com for your next cell phone purchase.

2 comments:

erikko said...

i tried Amazon but the prices is not that cheap. i think ebay i better but beware of scam

Malaysia property

donald said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Betty

http://www.my-foreclosures.info